Monday, March 17, 2008

There's no place like home

After a weekend in Buna, TX I am very relieved to be home again. The weekend was quite eventful with the treasure hunting at my aunt Mary's house, to laying around my nanny's house. My "Aunt Mary" as we call her is really my great great aunt, great aunt to my mom, aunt to my pa and well, you get the picture. She has moved out of her house and we came to help "clean it out" for my uncle to move in. He has three kids and let me tell you, all the china and milk glass she had would have been broken in a time span of about five minutes. So we trooped over for a treasure hunt! Uh, i mean...to help clean. After packing the milk glass, we proceeded to raid the house for valuable objects. My aunt Amy and I had many a disagreement on who got what jewelry. Since all the long chains and pendants are now back in style we found some wonderful things to put away for ourselves. As we were raiding..uh cleaning we hear something happening in the other room. To our dismay, my Pa had found envelopes upon envelopes filled with dollar bills! Why couldn't i have found it instead?!?! He still hasn't counted it all but our guess is around over a thousand dollars! D: Besides missing out on a wad of cash I ended up getting some very good pictures this weekend. Many i hope to draw, paint, etc. So...yay for pictures!!!

3 comments:

Genny said...

There's no place like home -- preach it, sister! I am pretty glad to be back home myself. The treasure hunting, I mean cleaning, was pretty interesting. Of course I am furious over the fact that I have already broken 2 plates that were probably made in 450 AD. Just my luck. There go the college funds.

Peas on Earth said...

I LOVE the pics of the Outhouse and the cat at your feet!!! Post those when you paint 'em, eh? :-)

Barb said...

Great pics, Katherine. And glad to have you back at home, even if you did have to come home to such nasty weather. The treasure hunting sounds like lots of fun, and the cleaning, well, that goes with the territory.