Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The white sweatshirt...and other disappointments in my life

Ah 'tis a new year...full of new memories and new disappointments. Being depressed quite alot this last year, I have decided to reflect on my disappointments.
#1: School/sports-School was a huge disappointment this year, from my friends leaving, to new volleyball team to adjust to. Varsity sports are a big thing at my school, enough said. So when a certain mom denied my order for a sweatshirt color because it was "Varsity Only," I was, at the most, completely offended.
#2: People/myself-This year people have been people. They have insulted, hurt, and annoyed me till i wanted to strangle them. But the bigger disappointment has been myself. I look back and hate what I was at the beginning of last year. Not open to new friendships, judgmental, I am surprised I even had friends.
#3:Her-That one friend that's not quite a friend. The girl that changes like a chameleon with every friend. When you finally get to her true self, you are sad, because she wasn't brave enough to show you it in the first place. And then the friendship isn't worth it.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Hang in there - the best part of high school is that it eventually ends and it is not the best time of your life - there will be much better to come. Your mom told me about the sweatshirt incident - that's just dumb.

Genny said...

You're a great kid, Kaki! Paige is right. It will eventually be over. High school is not the best time of your life -- definitely. The best is yet to come...