Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can you say, "in over my head"?

Ah ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present my newfound hobby, basketball. People have said that teenagers are crazy, and right now I am representation of that fact. Junior year has been very enjoyable and I'm even enjoying the learning(katherine say whhaaaat?). One random day as I was complaining about my deteriorating muscles, my friend Sarah and I started talking about how it was be cool if we played basketball for fun. We would be the bench warmers, but it would be fun, right? Two weeks later I found myself enrolled in the GPA basketball program. Much to my father's delight, I asked him to teach me everything about basketball. Three weeks into it, and I am the only newbie. My friend can't practice because of failure in two classes (she has her grade back up but is considering quitting because she's so behind). It's been...hmm...what's the word? CRAZY!!!! Starting a sport on a varsity level is not something I recommend. The first day I could barely keep my head on straight. But as time progressed, I have gotten a little better (for never playing EVER). I also believe I am a shoe in for the "Most Improved" award. XD I'll keep all you devoted readers updated on my skillz as  time progresses. But for now, spanish homework is calling me(got to keep up those grades you know!).   

3 comments:

Genny said...

I'm very proud of you. No way would I have the guts to do that.

Barb said...

I agree with your mom. Maybe she and I need to join your team. Think they would allow that?

Katherine said...

hmmm no.
(: